Due to various reasons such as arthritis, tendonitis, radiculitis and etc., it is prone to get a sore shoulder in work and life that severe pain has a great impact on the patient’s work and life. In fact, there are many conditions causing shoulder pain, so it is necessary to determine the cause-specific treatment based on the scientific diagnosis of the patient’s condition. Today, we will share the causes of shoulder pain, prevention techniques, and the principle and benefits of laser therapy for shoulder pain and various shoulder diseases such as tendonitis, frozen shoulder, arthritis and etc.
I. What Are The Causes Of Shoulder Pain?
1) Joint Disease. Rheumatoid arthritis, shoulder periarthritis, scapular muscle strain, bursitis, and tendonitis can cause shoulder pain.
2) Coronary Heart Disease. Patients with coronary heart disease often have shoulder pain symptoms.
3) Pulmonary Cancer. When cancer occurs at the tip of the lung, the developing cancer tissue can compress or invade these nerve plexuses, such as shoulder muscle pain.
4) Cervical Spondylosis. The pain is mostly numbness and has the feeling of radiating from the upper limbs and hands. The most common pain sites are mainly concentrated in the shoulder area except the neck.
5) Shoulder Inflammation. It is of persistent dull pain, manifesting as soreness and distending pain. Most of the pain is located in the area below the shoulder.
6) Acute Cervical Radiculitis. More common in young people who work at the desk or work long hours. Intense radiculopathy is the main symptom.
7) Cervical Spinal Cord Tumor. The onset is slow and manifests as severe pain on one side.
8) Spinal Arachnoiditis. Shoulder and arm pain can be bilateral, with a long course of the disease, often exacerbated by fluctuations.
9) Cervical Angina. The common feature of angina is that there is pain in the anterior region which can be radiated to the left shoulder and upper limbs.
10) Lung Cancer. Shoulder pain is caused by the transfer of lung cancer to the brachial plexus.
11) Cholecystitis, Cholelithiasis. Inflammation or gallstones are involved in causing right shoulder pain.
II. What Shoulder Pain Conditions Can Be Treated By Laser Therapy?
Currently, high power laser therapy has already become an important method for treating shoulder pain as it provides an effective, secure, non-invasive, and painless treatment solution. When there are so many diseases that can cause pain in the shoulder, what kinds of shoulder pain can be treated via laser therapy? Please get answers from the below list:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Shoulder periarthritis
- Scapular muscle strain
- Bursitis and tendonitis
- Cervical spondylosis
- Shoulder inflammation
- Acute cervical radiculitis
- Spinal arachnoiditis
- Acute injury
- Rotator cuff strains and tears
- Brachial plexus injuries…
As the reports showed, high power and high-intensity Class IV laser therapy can bring about obvious clinical results after several times of laser treatment on the shoulder, and the pain can be greatly relieved.
III. Working Principle Of Shoulder Pain Laser Therapy
Dimed Laser is one of the professional laser pain relief machine manufacturers that it provides reliable Class IV laser therapy machines for pain management, tissue repair, wound healing and etc. Dimed Laser utilizes the most advanced medical diode laser technology in combination with proper wavelengths, beam size, power level, and flexible treatment modes, capable of treating pain and inflammation at the source.
High-power shoulder pain relief laser therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of laser light to irradiate the shoulder. When the laser beam array penetrates the tissues with a perfect ratio between penetration and absorption. Under correct irradiation, the laser can reduce nerve sensitivity by decreasing the pain-eliciting chemical, reduce inflammation by increasing ATP which can accelerate the repair process of cells, accelerate tissue repair and cell reproduction procedures, accelerate the healing process via increasing the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissues and etc.
IV. What Are The Benefits Of Laser Shoulder Therapy?
Laser therapy has been widely applied in shoulder pain management by physical therapists and doctors in European countries since 1970, and has also been extensively used in American hospitals and clinics since 2002. Nowadays, it is commonly utilized in countless countries all over the world as it effectively rescues people from endless pain with many peerless advantages, such as:
- Painless laser therapy process
- No drug intervention required
- Non-surgery, non-invasive shoulder pain treatment
- Applicable for some difficult shoulder diseases
- Fat laser treatment process, usually 8-10 minutes
- Long-lasting pain relief effect
- No effect on normal life and work after shoulder laser therapy…
V. Tips For Preventing Shoulder Pain In Daily Life
- Keep a correct posture when sitting in the office
- Get up for a few minutes every hour or half an hour from the seat
- Usually do exercises such as looking up, shrugging, chest expansion and etc.
- Usually, dom targeted aerobics such as jogging, swimming and etc.
- Heat the painful shoulder with a hot towel of a suitable temperature (usually around 40°C), then gently massage the sore part of the shoulder with your hand
If you are interested in laser therapy for shoulder pain treatment or wanna learn more about our laser shoulder therapy machines, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Leave A Comment