A nasal polyp is a proliferative tissue mass that protrudes from the mucosa of the nasal cavity or sinus, with a common manifestation of nasal obstruction or increased nasal secretions, and with facial pain or swelling, loss of olfactory. It is a common disease in the nose, which occurs in adults and rarely occurs in children. Nasal polyps are more common in the maxillary sinus, ethmoid sinus, middle nasal passage, middle turbinate, and so on. Nasal polyp is usually treated by oral or topical medication, and routine surgical resection or laser nasal polyp removal surgery.
How Do You Know If You Have A Nasal Polyp?
Nasal polyp is a common disease in patients with otolaryngology. The causes of the disease are complicated and are related to various factors such as inflammatory stimuli, allergies, fungal infections, decreased body resistance, and heredity. The specific symptoms are as follows:
1. Nasal congestion, as the volume of nasal polyps increases, the nasal congestion will continue to increase, the sense of smell is not sensitive, can not smell.
2. Runny nose is severe, accompanied by nasal itching, and sneezing, and there are occlusive nasal sounds, sleep snoring, and mouth breathing.
3. Combined with sinusitis, pain, or headache in the nose, ears, and face, headaches increase after the head is down.
Is It Necessary To Have Surgery For A Nasal Polyp?
Patients with unexplained symptoms of initial nasal polyps or nasal polyps can be temporarily treated with conservative medication. However, if the drug is used too much, the possibility of drug-induced rhinitis increases, the surgical treatment is required if one of the following conditions occurs:
1. Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) – during sleep, breathing becomes shallow, or even stops completely due to upper airway obstruction
2. Asthma attack – shortness of breath/difficulty, tight chest
3. Sinus infection – Nasal polyps can affect the severity and frequency of sinus infections, sometimes developing chronic sinusitis
4. Vision problems – If the infection spreads to the eye sockets, causing swelling/swelling of the eyes, decreased vision, or even blindness, patients with nasal polyps sometimes develop visual complications
5. Blood clots – Nasal polyps can swell and redden the veins located in the sinus cavity.
What Are The Treatments Of Nasal Polyps?
According to different symptoms and conditions of nasal polyps, they can be treated by oral drug treatment, topical ointment treatment, routine surgery for nose polyps removal, and laser surgery for nose polyps.
In the past, polyps were removed immediately by surgery. Currently, more conservative treatments are preferred on the basis of the new theory of polyp formation. These treatment methods include prescriptions for long-term antibiotics or topical application of intranasal corticosteroids. Surgery is considered only when these conservative treatments fail.
What Are The Advantages Of Laser Surgery For Nasal Polyps?
– The use of a surgical diode laser for removing nose polyps is a more convenient treatment. Laser nasal polyp removal features less bleeding.
– No postoperative nose banding.
– Low postoperative recurrence rate, and superior to conventional resection in the treatment of nasal polyps.
– For patients under general anesthesia or with sedatives and painkillers, laser surgery for nose polyps is a type of considerate and almost painless intervention…
The rapid and straight cut of the laser beam means minimal bleeding in the treated area. After the laser nasal polyp removal surgery, most customers did not have further health problems, bleeding during treatment is also minimal, and patients can leave the clinic or hospital after anesthesia.
How To Prevent The Occurrence Of Nasal Polyps Daily?
1. Reduce the number of colds, avoiding repeated edema of the nasal mucosa.
2. Nose polyp is closely related to allergic rhinitis, so it is best to wear a mask when going out in the spring and autumn when pollen is more.
3. Reduce the intake of spicy food and keep good eating habits.
4. Avoid long-term application of vasoconstrictors.
5. Strengthen physical exercise and improve body resistance.
Do you have chronic rhinitis? Is your nose always blocked? Are you pouting and sleeping? If you have such symptoms, please check with your local authoritative Otolaryngologist for treatment. If you are a doctor looking for an ENT laser device for laser nasal polyp removal, please follow the link to learn more features and functions.